"Monbousquet blanc was created to prove that it is possible to make a great white wine in Saint Emilion. A subtle harmony of citrus, dominated by grapefruit and lemon, with waves of white peach, honey and nectarine, a fruity, smoky palate, a magnificent length..."
- 65% sauvignon blanc, 35% sauvignon gris, 5% muscadelle et 5% semillon.
- Gravelly soil.
- 17 years old vines.
- Pruned to six spurs, leaf thinning, and green harvesting.
- The grapes are picked and sorted by hand.
- The wine is aged in new oak barrels on its lees and bâtonné (regularly stirred with a stick) to release its full aromatic complexity.
- Monbousquet blanc is aged in the same barrel for 6 months.
- The final blending is done just before bottling, and the wine is neither fined nor filtered.